Monday 2 February 2015

Making an Extra Buck (Money)

As I write this, I guess this is one question that lingers so much in the minds of many people, How do I make Extra Money? I don't know if it is just a mindset issue or it's our upbringing that plays into the way we think, work and do many other things.
At least one thing am very sure of is that God has blessed all of us with a set of skills, either taught from school or colleagues, also self taught etc But some how there is something we can do with is. Some of them have been classified into hobbies or just something someone loves to do.
You could be the person who has loves photography and you do it as your hobby, if you were serious enough, that could be turned into an opportunity to make some extra income, you never know if it went to higher levels with deeper commitment and focus it could turn into a business. It could be cooking or baking cakes, decorating, book reviews etc.
You could be living in a very spacious place and have many rooms or outside squatters that can be rented for travelers or you could be having an extra car that is just sitting home but can be hired out probably for a wedding or travel etc.. Money is all around you, all you need is an idea to fish it out of someone's hand.
I must say, I keep thinking but more so looking at what is within my reach even my own brain and knowledge can be that valuable however a few months back, I decided I would use my I.T skills as a Freelancer first of all as a service to those who need it and as time went on, I realized I could do a little charge for some of the things I did so that my time, knowledge and expertise has some value attached to it. As of date I have recorded some tremendous records of the little monies I have got and I can gladly say it has been well saved and it's earning some interest on something, this will help me do some more projects I would love to do in the near future. But the truth is you can make some extra money. 

You don't have to think so hard, all you have to do is be smart, give good service and you will find that you will become dependable and even when you ask for a little more money it keeps growing and you are given it with confidence. What Skill do you have? and are you willing to first use it as a service to add value then you can put a charge a little later with time.
The scripture that would sum this up for me is:- 
(She Saw Her Trading profitable)

Proverbs 31:16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. 18 She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Posts

With almost 11%, This Can Be An Alternative Source of Income

Photo by  Tech Daily  on  Unsplash By Arthur Moses Opio I read something profound this week on social media. Livingstone Mukasa said, "...