Discipline yourself through the PAIN (Hebrew 12:11)
"Successful folks don’t win at life because they have a magic pill or top-secret information. They win at life because they work at it for years."
- I can't afford to Save
- I can always save later
- It's too complicated
- I just need to get 'this' out of the way
- I am waiting for less market volatility
- It's impossible to get ahead
- I'm afraid to face my financial fears
- I'm too busy
- It's too late
- I'm too OLD
- I just can't do it
Here are a few things you can do to get you going and started on the saving journey.
- First of all start by changing your mindset and this means feeding yourself with literature about saving, the bible has wonderful scriptures and we all know the bible talks a lot about money,
- Buy books of renown men and women who have talked about money extensively, the total money make over by Dave Ramsey, Thou shall prosper by Rabbi Daniel lapin, Money won't make you rich by Pr Sunday Adelaja, Make sense of money by James Abola to mention but a few.
- Research online there people who are blogging a lot about how to win with money and read those articles. listen to success stories like this one see video below
- There are many stories out there and in Uganda as well. I encourage you to buy the book Make Sense Of Your Money by James Abola, it's simple, precise and clear on what to do.
- This story could get you going or started as well, see link http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2013/05/09/how-my-mom-inspired-me-during-a-savings-slump/
- While still young and energetic, I encourage you to start early, have a goal in mind,be visionary and take advantage of one the best words in financial literacy that is called COMPOUND INTEREST (Interest upon interest). On a personal note I have seen that work and having started not so early, my wife and I are already seeing the benefits, you can't believe it until you start seeing your dividends.
If you manage to start self governing yourself, it pushes you to start planning for your children whether you have or don't have and Insurance has come in with good packages to help many people out there. This also puts you in a place to be able to give back to the work of God, family, community, church etc