My Blog List
"...Whatsoever He Doeth Shall Prosper" - Psalm 1:3 Are you the type that wakes up in the morning and you have nothin...
LITTLE BY LITTLE It is really a hard thing for many of us to have patience, we are always wanting to live life on the fast lane where eve...
There are many opportunities but very few people with Skills to take them on. I have read in the papers through the years how the point...
Tuesday, 2 December 2014
Activating the power of God in your life (the 5 P's)
From A friends Sermon (Joshua Kakaire Kibedi) on 06/08/2014 at Church of the Reusrrection Bugolobi, Church of Uganda
"...my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 1 Cor 2:4-5 (ESV) -- Our faith needs to be founded on the evidence of the power of God! WE each need an experience uniques to us that is able to spur us on!
1. Purpose: What is my place and position in God's grand plan. How do I see myself in God? Power has purpose -- (a) You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.... and you will be my witnesses (Acts 1:8); (b) You shall remember the Lord your God for it is He who gives you power to make wealth...that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day. (Deut 8:18); and (c) Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,.... to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Eph 3:20).... we see in all this manifestation of power, that there is always purpose!
2. Perception: It is amazing that; our generation knows so much about God, but does not know God so much... "You are in error because you do not know the scriptures nor the power of God" (Matt 22:29) -- it is evident in our casual approach to the throne of grace and extremely familiar approach to God almighty!-- "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." (Rom 1:20) -- What is your perception of God?... Do you recognise His majesty and splendour? When was the last time you really bowed in reverence to God?
3. Priority: We have to inevitably remain in Jesus Christ as a matter of priority; without whom we can do nothing! "Seek ye FIRST.... the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.... (Matt 6:33)--- and indeed, unless our righteousness exceeds that of the pharisees; we will by no means see the Kingdom of God! God must take first place in all you pursue... His will needs no competition!
4. Purity: God is holy! Holiness is His highest attribute. Our love for Him should therefore drive us to be holy as He is holy! "Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they will see God" (Matt 5:8)-- this seeing God is not in the life to come... but experiencing the manifestation of His power in this life! "So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." (2 Tim 2:22)
5. Patience: Always remember that it is God who is in control. We all receive delegated control! We work neither on our terms nor in our own time -- it is all about God! "For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise." (Heb 10:36)
Therefore --"He that believeth in me, the works I do, shall he do also; and greater works that these shall he do; because I go to my father.... and whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the father may be glorified in the son. If you ask anything in my name; I will do it" (John 14:12-14) -- wrap it all in consistent, sincere prayer, motivated by love. Prayer is for lovers only (P-FLO) --- and always remember "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24 --- like Reinhard Bonkhe says "FAITH is the power switch!"
Note: Prayer, purity and patience is the pathway to power and revival.
- Copyright Joshua Kakaire Kibedi
I love God, I love Myself and I love my neighbors whoever they may be, Am ready each and every time to shine the Light of Jesus and Bring assured Hope to those that have lost it and to reconcile the hearts of men and God that they may love him wholly.
Proverbs 21:20 (NLT) – The WISE have WEALTH and LUXURY, but FOOLS spend whatever they get. Are you the type who spends whatever you g...