Monday 5 March 2018

Don’t Blame Others - Think of What You Can Do To Fix It


Are you fixing it or you are complaining?

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

There are many ways we can help this world; I believe it starts with us seeing ourselves as problem solvers. Are you seeing yourself as light to the darkness, arrogance, hopelessness etc.

We live in a world where everyone is pointing a finger at the other. They say you should have done this or you should have been doing this. Often the complainants have no solution to the underlying problems. Instead of being problem propagators, why not think? As problem solvers.

Often people will blame their money problems on the government, on high taxes, on how the rich are unfair and don’t want to share their piece of the pie, on how they did not get the best education. All this holds some bit of truth but I believe that when people come to their senses, then nothing can stop them.

The first solution to our everyday problems is to firstly accept that there is a problem and you are part of it. You find the person with a poor mindset talking about how he or she wants to drive the latest car, they are talking about how they want the biggest house and how they want to be just like that rich person in the village. They don’t talk about how they can get wisdom, understand the value and ethics of work that those whom they are admiring are adhering too. You find such people even plotting on how they can go rob such a person, they want to get rewarded where they haven’t worked. 

When it comes to money, someone will tell you, "I can't budget" that stuff is for stone age. They will tell you, I will start planning for my future when I get that big break through. Some will say, ah! For me parents are already rich, why do I have to work, others will say I can't afford, my money is too little. When they fall into deep trouble, they remember and start regretting. Choose to be wise and walk like wise people

Two stories of women who are solving problems in this world

Ephesians 2: 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Esther Kalenzi’s story

I realized that the children’s needs became my needs and I was always on the move trying to get funding for my new family” – Esther Kalenzi


When I think of problem solvers in Uganda, I can gladly mention people like Esther Kalenzi. Esther Kalenzi is the founder of Forty Days over Forty Smiles Foundation, a local NGO that helps the needy; especially children and youth. From her story, helping the needy is a passion that was first shown when she was a student in Agha Khan High School. She raised funds to pay school fees for fellow students. She says that she looked at the spending pattern of students and realized that they had more than enough pocket money. She was reported by fellow students for what she was doing, she was summoned and it turned out that the school administration offered the student a scholarship.

If we all had an eye to see that we can solve an issue, then we can make the world we live in a better place. Today people are longing for inspired action, not just mere talk that is full of emptiness, no vision and no purpose.

Recently Esther was recognized, her works moved the queen Elizabeth II, Click this link for more.

Malala’s Story

I told myself, Malala, you have already faced death. This is your second life. Don’t be afraid — if you are afraid, you can’t move forward” - Malala Yousafzai

Another person with a great story is MALALA Yousafzai I believe we have all heard of her. She is the girl who stood up for EDUCATION and was shot by the Taliban. These were her words, “I don’t want to be thought of as the “girl who was shot by the Taliban” but the “girl who fought for education.” This is the cause to which I want to devote my life”. She demanded that girls be allowed to receive education. How many of us can put our lives on the line to see a dream come through? I guess it takes more than just surviving a bullet, weathering a storm, I believe it takes purpose.

There is so much to write about the life of Malala, All I can say is that her, Esther Kalenzi and many people out there who are solving problems are in the bracket of those who are Fixing issues and not the ones throwing blame. The question I would ask is, "What Problem Are You Solving?"

We read about levels of poverty rising every day, we see reports that the poor are getting poorer, probably you and I fall in that bracket, but on my side and the side of my friend Edward Yosia Hire, we want to teach financial literacy, we want people to win, we want to hear a new song that will be sang by the media of how people are changing their lifestyles, becoming more purposeful with money. A story of hopelessness turning into one of hope. A story of people who are seeing opportunities in problems and doing something about it. 

We want to liberate and change mindsets, we want people to believe that God has given us wisdom to create wealth and do it the right way. We want to see ventures that are created by people to serve people, better schools, better health services, better education, better systems of justice, better leaders of integrity etc.

Please read Never Broke Again to be inspired more.

#Impact #Empower #Transform

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Posts

With almost 11%, This Can Be An Alternative Source of Income

Photo by  Tech Daily  on  Unsplash By Arthur Moses Opio I read something profound this week on social media. Livingstone Mukasa said, "...