Wednesday 31 January 2018

Don’t Let Your Pursuit of Wealth Affect Your Integrity – It Could Lead To Destruction




Proverbs 21:6 Wealth created by a lying tongue is a vanishing mist and a deadly trap.

The pursuit of wealth, if not directed under the guidance and stewardship of God can be very very dangerous. My dear reader it has been clearly written that the love for money is the root of all evil. We need to note clearly that it says “The love for money and not that money is evil”. Loving money is different from lacking it but also those who lack it can be pushed to limits to do whatever it takes to get it. It is both dangerous to love money and to lack it, that’s why we need to know the truth behind this thing called money, you will find that there is so much about this thing that the bible even says it answers all things.

During the course of 2016, someone told me and my friend that we would amount to nothing, the person mentioned that it was hard to do deals with us because we are "Christians". He also said that we could never grow rich or wealthy. In my heart, I declared that I am richer than the money in my pocket or in my bank account. I know that I am rich in values and virtues that are strongly apart of my everyday Christian walk. I know that the God I serve owns everything and that he gives me the power to create wealth. God’s power to create wealth is genuine, it isn’t corrupt, it isn’t extortion. 

His word talks of how when you are diligent in work and what God has called me to do, it leads to wealth and also talks of how laziness brings about poverty. All I need to know is how to use these God-given skills and truths in a full application in my everyday life. 

I know that without goods and services to people, money won't come to me, I also know that if I don't engage in the production of anything that adds value to the lives of people then money still won't come, I know for a fact that God has to be my number priority to guide me in my everyday affairs, I also know that I need to show that God has called me to fruitfulness, not just claiming a good life of cars, nice houses, etc without applying due diligence, people covet, claim, wish and do nothing about working, they will even tell you I don't have to work, I am already blessed, otherwise, we wouldn't be using the internet to share all these things, if the inventor sat back and did not do what he was inspired to do the world wouldn't be connected on the web.

We wouldn't be using cell phones If Henry Sampson, the inventor of Cellular Phones also sat back. It is because of this man that I can talk on my phone from Uganda to anyone in the Southern Pacific or deep down in Switzerland. We need to create products, services that add value to the lives of people, when people are in need of them, you get paid. We should engage our minds to think and avoid the concept of things coming freely, yet we can work and be fruitful as God requires of us.





I happened to sit in the counsel of an elder. She told me a story about her workplace. In her workplace, people did not like her because of her faith. She was a very integral person who kept her books of account very well. She was very hard to bribe and she was even threatened with death countless times. One day one of her colleagues asked her to do the wrong thing and she vehemently refused. This man she was telling me about had been extorting money of people by creating accounts with names of people who don't exist, some long-dead (ghost employees). He stole enough money and money from those who were also still alive.
He set out to build his house and while his was constructing. It is said that the house was built in such a way that the builders did not use the right measurements. They actually stole from him as well what he stole from people. As his house was finished he was bidding his landlord farewell, no sooner had he entered his new house than it came crumbling down. He had left his rented place and also had no where to stay since his house was no more (Double Tragedy).

David Cameron, British PM at the time said, "If the amount of money stolen out of Nigeria in the last 30 years was stolen in the UK, then the UK would not exist again". This is a strong statement and it shows that our actions if not sanctioned can lead to total destruction.


I think what the writer says in Proverbs 21:6 is so true wealth created by a lying tongue is a vanishing mist and a deadly trap. This man lost his money and his house, what a way to be repaid?

I want to encourage us to purpose to grow but grow little by little. Get rich schemes, conning, bribing people, killing people to extort money are some of the deadliest traps that can happen to a human being. You would rather be what Proverbs 19:1 says “Better to be poor and honest than to be dishonest and a fool.” It is written there is a way that seems right to a man but its end is destruction, follow the way of righteousness and not your own ways.


#Impact #Empower #Transform

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Posts

With almost 11%, This Can Be An Alternative Source of Income

Photo by  Tech Daily  on  Unsplash By Arthur Moses Opio I read something profound this week on social media. Livingstone Mukasa said, "...