Tuesday 19 December 2017

Attitude



This thing called attitude is a powerful force in life. It has helped many to change the course of events in their lives and in the lives of others. It has also destroyed many especially if it is a bad one.

I remember before I got married, I wanted to leave home and you know start renting (We know what comes with renting, you really have to be prepared, you have to count the cost and have it in your monthly plan - sometimes we move out by faith and somehow make it through). But my mother Norah Acan decided that instead of renting, I save the money for the ultimate purpose of starting off our marriage. I sat back and thought deeply about it and I realized that my mother's attitude towards my life and future wife's well being was paramount to her. Thank you mum for teaching me the valuable principle of preparing and putting money aside to help in my walk, I draw a lot of lessons from it. 

Today I reflect upon this thing called Attitude and I realize strongly that if we had a certain view of life and it is with a lot of optimism, we can not only help ourselves but more so help others to thrive too. Your attitude can light up someone's life and help them change theirs as well. So even when it has been hard, our attitude can come into play to help us thrive in the hardest of moments.
Everyday when we hear people talk, their outlook on life is that it is so hard, some even say that nothing comes without struggle, but if there were no struggles we wouldn't appreciate the process in getting to our promised lands. 

See this classic example from Habakkuk 3:
16 I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me,[e]
    and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us.
17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer,[f]
able to tread upon the heights.


Let us change the way we view life. Joshua and Caleb refused to look at themselves as grass hoppers and instead said we can take these GIANTS down, let us "Take it up at once"
Do you have a problem with your thought lines? Are you affected in the way you view life? Have the situations you have gone through changed the way you look at life? This is what The apostle Paul said, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things and the God of peace will be with you” (Philippians 4:8).

In relation to the above statement, this article can help shade more light and motivate you to have a good attitude.

#Impact #Empower #Transform

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Posts

Why is a school child taught about bank accounts but not about investment accounts? asked Alex Kakande

By Arthur Moses Opio An apple doesn't fall far from the tree. We are the by product of our upbringing and environment. We can't go b...